Nandansons and Veerayatan: Elementary – Elementary – High School at Lacchuar, Jamui District, Bihar
Ajay and Ankur and Gupta Family and Nandansons Staff are happy to partner with Veerayatan International to bring education to those in need and have a positive impact on the local community
Lacchuar is the birth place of Tirthankar Mahavir. Veerayatan determined that the best way to overcome the challenges of the lack of education and provide hope for the people of Bihar was to create a place that offered world class education. This Tirthankar Mahavir Vidya Mandir commuter school was established while celebrating the 2600th anniversary of Tirthankar Mahavir’s Jayanti. The principal, teachers and Sadhvijis went door-to door in the town to invite families to send their children to the school. They especially encouraged that the girls should go to school as this was not the local custom.
The school is equipped with science laboratories, computer laboratory, sewing learning center, and library, along with a large playground. Bus service is provided to children between home and school. The school has proven to be a fountain head of inspiration to many, inculcating high moral values along with formal academic education based on a CBSE curriculum.
- School Established: School year 2001
- CBSE (Central Board of Secondary Education – Government Board) Certified
- Education: From 1st Grade through 10th Grade
- Current Enrollment: Approximately 940
- Current annual admission of new students: Approximately 300 per year
- Number of Students Completed Education: Approximately 1,500