Nandansons and Veerayatan: Elementary – High School at Pawapuri, Nalanda District, Bihar
Ajay and Ankur and Gupta Family and Nandansons Staff are happy to partner with Veerayatan International to bring education to those in need and have a positive impact on the local community
Pawapuri is the place where Tirthankar Mahavir gave discourses, including his last discourse at the Samosaran Temple, where he attained Nirvana (Self realization). The village has many temples, including the famous Jalmandir, but lacked the temple of learning (school). The lack of education has resulted in the severe underdevelopment of this area.
The Tirthankar Mahavir Vidya Mandir commuter school, located nearby the Temple, is equipped with science laboratories, computer laboratory, sewing learning center, and library, along with playground, and medical facility. Bus service is provided to children between home and school. The school has proven to be a fountain head of inspiration to many, inculcating high moral values along with formal academic education based on a CBSE (Central Board of Secondary Education) curriculum.
- School Established: School year 2005-06
- CBSE (Central Board of Secondary Education – Government Board) Certified
- Education: From 1st Grade through 10th Grade with arrangements for 11th-12th Grades at a school in the capital (Patna) of Bihar, a couple of hours away.
- Current Enrollment: Approximately 1,194
- Current annual admission of new students: Approximately 300 per year
- Number of Students Completed Education: Approximately 2,000